In its unique position in / on the waters of the Indian Ocean, The Rock is a charming, exclusive restaurant that in a very short time has become one of the icons of this exotic island. One of Zanzibar’s most popular and sought-after attractions, The Rock opened in July 2010. Originally a very basic structure having been used as a local fisherman’s post, The Rock is now leased by a local business from the residents of the village of Michamvi.Located in front of Michamvi Pingwe beach on the south-east coast of the island, it has sometimes been referred to as the floating restaurant. (Or even a tiny floating hotel! But no, it is only a restaurant!)Restructured, and decorated in a simple, unfussy local island style, the restaurant specialises in seafood and local tastes.
We can accommodate from couples to groups of 20, given enough warning and of course a booking. An open-air terrace, offering that romantic evening under the African stars by night, skies by day, with panoramic sea-scapes is available for pre- and post-meal drinks. The restaurant is reached off the beach on foot at low tide or by boat at high tide. Guests can if they wish wade out. The boat service is offered with our compliments. tour Duration: 5 Hours. Morning Times: 7am – 12pm. Afternoon Times: 1pm – 6pm.
- Entrances fees
- 1L bottle of mineral water
- Pick up and drop off from your Hotel
- Transport waiting charge
- Experienced Professional Tour guide
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Medical insurance
- Expenses of a personal nature
Price per person (US$)
No of people: ( 1Pax 70 ) ( 2Pax 45 ) ( 3Pax 40 ) ( 4Pax + more 30 )
- Note: The This Price including transfer from Stone town hotels, and from any beach hotel in Zanzibar .
- Children 1 – 3 yrs are free of chage,4-13 yrs pay 50% of the adult rate.